Foundation – the home of specialist mortgages
What Foundation is good at:
- Residential mortgages for borrowers with complex income, employment or credit history
- Buy-to-let mortgages for landlords, portfolios and limited companies
- Specialist property types including HMOs and multi-unit blocks and portfolios
Foundation Home Loans for specialist Residential
Foundation key strengths for residential:
- Self-employed –latest 1 year’s accounts accepted; retained profits considered
- Wide range of income types accepted including bonus and commission, investment, trust, rental benefits, retirement income
- Employed – no min term in current job (min 3 months employed).
- Max age 75 at end of term
- Up to 80% LTV
- Capital raising for buy to let accepted
- Interest only affordability calculated on an interest only basis
- Max term 40 years
- Loans up to £1.5m
- Up to 4 applicants
- £ for £ Remortgages
To find out more about our residential products and criteria, click here.
Foundation Home Loans for specialist Buy to Let
The Foundation Buy to let range is designed for portfolio and non-portfolio landlords individually or on a limited company basis.
- Individual or limited company basis
- Limited companies with complex structures
- Up to 4 directors
- Newly incorporated limited companies acceptable
- ICR of 125% for limited company borrowers and basic rate taxpayers and 145% for others
- No minimum term of employment/self-employment and no minimum income
- Cater for specialist properties such as HMOs, short term lets and Multi Unit Blocks
- Up to 80% LTV
- Loans up to £2m
- No limit to portfolio size, subject to maximum borrowing of £3m with us
- HMOs: up to 8 bedrooms
- MUBs: up to 10 units
- Products for first time landlords
- Ex-pats considered for limited companies only
To find out more about Foundation Home Loans’ products and criteria, click here.
Over the last 5 years Foundation has firmly established itself within the intermediary-only mortgage market, initially as a buy to let lender and more recently as a residential lender too. With over 250 members of staff, and 21 dedicated regional account managers and internal business development managers, we offer support to you throughout all the stages of your clients’ application. We have an easy to use submission portal, dedicated phone support for new and existing cases, and case ownership throughout our underwriting process.
The online portal for easy case submission
Our new online broker portal makes submitting a case quick and simple. If you already have a login, just click here to get started. If you don’t have a login, click here to complete the registration form. Registration will happen within 24 hours (weekdays only). If there is an urgent case you wish to discuss, please call our sales team between 9am-5:30pm Mon-Fri on 0344 770 8032.
At Foundation Home Loans, we believe that it’s our relationships with brokers which are key to business success. It’s for this reason that the Foundation Home Loans new business team is structured by region, even down to the underwriters looking after your cases.
As experts in more specialist mortgage needs, we love to talk a case through so please feel free to call to discuss any case.
Take a look here to find your Regional Account Manager or contact our Internal Business Development Managers on 03447708032.
Keep up to date
Follow Foundation on: