Pepper Money are a multi-award-winning specialist lender offering Residential and Buy to Let mortgages exclusively through intermediaries.
Pepper Money believe in challenging the accepted. They take a more human approach to underwriting, to build a truer picture and reach a fairer outcome for your customers.
Their ever improving range of tools such as Residential & Buy to Let affordability calculators provide a guide of the maximum amount your customer may be able to borrow. Plus, you can identify the right product and documents required for your customer in seconds with their Product Finder and Document Finder.
They pride themselves on their ability to look beyond the numbers on a credit score and their specialist team of skilled, mandated underwriters review each case on its own merits.
With broad criteria, competitive pricing and a positive lending attitude, they help you to help more of your customers. From first time buyers and the recently self-employed, to those with adverse credit or complex incomes.
Why choose Pepper Money?
Here’s why your specialist mortgage cases could be Better with Pepper:
Better for service and support
- Manual underwriting on all cases
- Dedicated underwriting contact from application to offer
- No credit scoring or auto-cascading – the product you see is what you get
- Transparent range based on registration date of latest CCJ, default or secured missed payment
- Unsecured credit never affects product tier
- No value limit on CCJs and defaults; no need for them to be satisfied
- Capital raising permissible, without LTV restriction, e.g. for business use or debt consolidation
- No debt to income ratio
Better for Residential
- One year’s self-employed trading accepted
- Latest year used for affordability when trading for two years or more
- Day rate contractors must be in a contract and able to demonstrate a minimum 12 months’ history (daily rate x 5 x 46)
- Interest Only up to 60% LTV with no amendments to criteria
- Sale of main residence accepted as repayment vehicle with no pre-defined minimum equity
- They use ‘add backs’ for Limited Co Directors, including pension, car allowance and home office costs, to boost affordability
Better for Buy to Let
- They have no background portfolio stressing
- 125% of pay rate for Limited Company BTL irrespective of applicant tax band
- No maximum cumulative LTV % gearing limit on the background portfolio
- Market rental figures used as advised by the valuer rather than rent received
- Residential Affordability Calculator
- Buy to Let Affordability Calculator
- Residential Mortgages
- Buy to Let Mortgages
- Limited Company Buy to Let
- Knowledge Centre
- Service Levels
You’re better with Pepper
You can discuss client circumstances with their experienced BDM team before submitting a DIP.
With a dedicated application portal, it’s quick and easy to submit your cases to Pepper Money.