We’re Platform, part of The Co-operative Bank, working hard to deliver a range of mainstream, buy-to-let and help-to-buy products for the intermediary mortgage market.
Providing mortgages isn’t unique. But if you look a bit closer, you’ll see that we’re actually a bit different. Our passion for values, ethics and community shapes everything we do.
Whether it’s raising money to end youth homelessness, or expanding our team to provide a quicker service for you and your clients, we consistently try to make a difference in every way we can.
Simply put, we’re not like other lenders. Our 20 years of expertise means we’re good at what we do and our focus on values and ethics means we’re doing good too.
From expert support with a human touch, to an application process that’s transparent and fair, we do things differently here at Platform.
We offer a range of products and fees to suit different loan types:
- Free valuation: We provide free valuations on residential & BTL (remortgage only) up to a £3 million purchase price, if the client wants a home buyers report they only pay the balance.
- Legal fees: We offer free standard legal fees for a remortgage when using our nominated solicitor although this is capped at £500k loan size and not available on unencumbered properties. The applicant will have to pay for telegraphic transfer fees, non standard legal fees or disbursements.
- Cashback: We have cashback available on many products which is paid to the solicitor on completion.
- We offer a free product transfer: We will aim to give you 48 hours’ notice by email when a product is withdrawn. If a more competitive product is available we offer a free product switch prior to mortgage completion.
- Early repayment charge: Overpayments can be made up to 10% per year of the mortgage balance on the last anniversary of the account open date without incurring an early repayment charge.
- Product switching: Available for clients when their residential or BTL product finishes. Competitive rates and generous procuration fees paid.
- We now also offer online product transfers**.
- We offer the same, if not lower rates for existing customers.
For full details of our products and incentives, see our online product guides here.
** In some cases, applications may still need to be printed and posted
- Our Mortgage Desk Team answer your calls on average within 30 seconds and for the fourth time running brokers have voted us the “Most Preferred Mortgage Desk Team”^
- Brokers voted us ‘Best Telephone/Field BDM Team’ throughout 2018 and 2019†
- We’re part of The Co-operative Bank, the only UK high street bank with a customer-led Ethical Policy
- The money your clients borrow will never come from businesses involved in activities that conflict with our customers’ values and ethics
- We have a long history of campaigning for what our customers think is right, calling for change on everything from human rights to climate change
- The Co-operative Bank was born out of the co-operative movement and we continue to operate with co-operative values.
- We’re tackling youth homelessness with the charity Centrepoint. Every time you complete a new mortgage or product switch with us, we make a donation on your client’s behalf. So far, overall we’ve raised over £1.4 million since 2017 *
^Voted Best Mortgage Desk team by brokers who have recently placed a case with Platform, in the BVA BDRC surveys throughout 2018 and 2019
†Voted Best Telephone/Field BDM team by brokers who have recently placed a case with Platform in the BVA BDRC surveys throughout 2018 and 2019.
*New mortgage customer applications and existing mortgage customer product switch applications received from 2 May 2018 up to and including 31 December 2020 will be eligible for a £5 donation, on completion of the mortgage or product switch (as the case may be). Transactions relating to existing mortgages including a further advance, porting of an existing mortgage or change of borrower, are not eligible for the Centrepoint charity donation at this time. The Bank will make a payment to Centrepoint quarterly, for eligible completions during the previous quarter.
The £5 donation will be made for each eligible mortgage sold through direct and intermediary channels i.e. it applies to the Bank’s Britannia and Platform branded mortgages. Britannia and Platform are trading names of The Co-operative Bank p.l.c. The Bank reserves the right to change or withdraw the donation arrangement at any time.
Centrepoint is a registered charity in England and Wales, No. 292411
For all new enquiries where an application has yet to be submitted: 0345 070 1999*, option 1
For updates on all new business applications currently being processed: 0345 070 1999*, option 2
For any query relating to a decision in principle, registration on the click system or proc fees: 0345 070 1999* option 4
For all product transfer applications currently being processed: 0345 070 1999* option 5
Literature requests, email: email@example.com
* Lines are open between 9am and 5pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday and between 10am and 5pm on Thursday. Calls to 03 numbers cost the same as calls to numbers starting with 01 and 02. Calls may be monitored or recorded for security and training purposes.
The Co-operative Bank p.l.c. is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (No.121885). The Co-operative Bank, Platform, smile and Britannia are trading names of The Co-operative Bank p.l.c., P.O. Box 101, 1 Balloon Street, Manchester M60 4EP. Registered in England and Wales No.990937. Credit facilities are provided by The Co-operative Bank p.l.c. and are subject to status and our lending policy. The Bank reserves the right to decline any application for an account or credit facility. The Co-operative Bank p.l.c. subscribes to the Standards of Lending Practice which are monitored by the Lending Standards Board.