Skipton Building Society have been helping people secure homes of their own since 1853. Brokers play a vital part in Skipton Building Society’s lending, in fact, currently approximately 90% of the Society’s lending is through the intermediary channel.
They take the time to listen to what brokers need from a mortgage lender and broker feedback has enabled them to shape their ‘Real Life Lending’ proposition. It’s not just based on what they think you want, but on what you’ve told them you value from a mortgage lender.
They’re here to support you
With coronavirus (COVID19) dominating the headlines, they wanted to provide some reassurance that they’re aiming to do everything they can to offer the best possible service during this unprecedented time. That’s why they’ve created a COVID-19 hub where you’ll find their latest updates on products, policy and how they’re supporting you and your clients during this time.
They’ve also put together a series of FAQs which they’re regularly updating, covering questions you may have around mortgage payment holidays, service, new business and valuations, and documentation, which can be found on their dedicated Coronavirus FAQs page.
Some of the key reasons to use Skipton Building Society for Intermediaries:
- flexible underwriting with a human touch approach; including direct access to underwriters when you need it.
- no upfront application fees on any Skipton mortgage products.
- online tools and services designed to help you submit cases quickly and easily.
- personal point of contact to discuss your case via their nationwide network of Business Development Managers and Telephone Business Development Managers, backed up by their Broker Support teams.
Providing a fully packaged case first time will significantly improve the time to offer and help out Skipton’s underwriters.
Here’s a checklist of everything they’ll need:
- Latest P60 (if using additional income).
- Latest month’s payslip (if employed).
- Latest full month’s bank statement showing salary credit (also rental income if BTL).
- Accountant’s Certificate (preferable) OR latest two years’ full signed accounts OR two years’ SA302s and one year of accounts (if self-employed).
- Any other fees your client has opted to pay up front.
- Evidence of retirement income, if the term takes your client into retirement.
Products – Choose from a range of Skipton mortgage products for your clients.
Lending criteria – View lending criteria to assess client suitability.
Useful literature – Download useful literature and forms.
To contact Skipton Building Society for Intermediaries, visit skipton-intermediaries.co.uk/contact-us.
Intermediary use only
Skipton Building Society for Intermediaries is part of Skipton Building Society. Skipton Building Society is a member of the Building Societies Association. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, under registration number 153706, for accepting deposits, advising on and arranging mortgages and providing Restricted financial advice. Principal Office, The Bailey, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1DN.