The home of real life lending
We’re an independent mortgage provider at the heart of what some people call the ‘specialist mortgage market’.
Thing is, we don’t feel ‘specialist mortgages’ is really us.
We prefer to describe what we do as ‘real life lending’.
We offer a range of mortgages to suit the square pegs, the self-employed or the downright different.
We love to lend
Nowadays, it’s perfectly normal to be freelance or self-employed, divorced or single. Having less than usual lifestyles is the new normal to us.
Real, friendly and accessible underwriters make decisions on all our cases as this bit is too important to leave to computers and faceless process.
It’s our flexible approach to our customers that truly sets us apart.
Upped the ante
We now offer up to 90% LTV for residential purchase and remortgage (including debt consolidation). We’ve also launched our new Help to Buy products available up to 75% LTV. New for us, new for you. No poker faces here just ones with big, fat smiles on them.
We’ve expanded our Buy to Let range too with a combination of fixed fee, percentage fee, zero completion fee and new Ltd company cashback products.
Special really is the new norm
At The Mortgage Lender, we love to lend. We’re not like some of the less flexible mortgage businesses. We don’t use credit score cascading and we always watch our rates. We are dedicated to working with you to combine innovation, quality and simplicity to provide a service that’s worth shouting about.
Residential product range highlights:
- Mortgages up to 90% LTV
- Flexible approach to gaps in employment history
- 100% of overtime, bonus, commission and shift allowance is accepted
- Up to 85% LTV for self employed borrowers with 12 months trading or up to 90% LTV for self employed borrowers trading for 24 months or more
- Family gifted equity up to 75% LTV on Real Life 1-6
- Contractors income calculation up to weekly rate x 48
- New Build mortgages up to 85% LTV with 5% builder deposit/incentive considered
Buy to Let product range highlights:
- Mortgages up to 80% LTV including Ltd companies and HMO’s/MUB’s
- Communications and utility defaults and arrears are not considered as impaired credit
- Flats above commercial considered
- We lend in Scotland, England and Wales
- No minimum income required
- Maximum loan £2 million (subject to LTV)
It's good to chat
If you’re a mortgage intermediary and have a case to discuss, call us on 0344 257 0418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
TML’s online portal offers the following functionality:
DIPs, applications, case tracking, document submission
Real time application status updates, with case documentation available directly from our online system
Upload directly against outstanding checklist items, ensuring that supporting documents go straight into TML work queues for the case
Advisers can provide update notes directly into the case work queue to provide any additional information
Online registration is simple and straightforward simply visit TML’s online portal here to register.