Currently 7 out of 10 people in the UK do not have a Will* and many people die without making one. With the amount of change in people’s lives, even when a Will is written, it is often not kept up to date. This can cause real problems for loved ones because the deceased’s true wishes are unknown or out of date. If your client dies without making a Will, they are deemed to have died ‘intestate’ and the law – rather the client – decides who inherits their estate.
When gathering financial information many intermediaries ask clients whether they have Wills, or other legal agreements, e.g. a Lasting Power of Attorney, and the nature of a financial advisors role presents a perfect opportunity to recommend Wills and other legal services to clients and provide them with much valued professional solutions.
Consistent with Paradigm's ambition to provide excellence in the services we provide, we have created Paradigm Legal with support from Redstone Wills, a subsidiary of the Skipton Building Society. Redstone Wills (a member of the Society of Will Writers) is a trusted Will writing company with a wealth of experience.
Our aim is to provide a straightforward way for you to help your clients and in doing so not only provide a first class Will Writing Service but also bring potential additional, regular and lucrative income to you our partner firms. Your involvement in such matters also generates access to executors, witnesses, guardians and the trustees named in the Will, i.e. enhancing your client referral options.
We understand that each advisor operate their business differently therefore there are a number of flexible ways to refer your clients to this service.
You should decide with your client what service is required e.g. a single or mirror Will. Then the options are:
- Refer the clients details to Redstone where a welcome pack will be sent to the client which essentially draws the relevant information from the client; the pack guides the client and there’s a Paradigm Legal client helpline if needed
- The client completes the Will instruction and payment form on the Redstone portal with you
- Through the B2B portal you can invite your client to complete their instructions and make payment online at their convenience.
All appropriate guides are available here or on the B2B portal under literature.
Once all the information has been received your client’s Will is produced within 10 working days.
The benefits of your clients using Paradigm Legal include:
- Professional Will Writing Services provided at a 100% fixed price – where clients know exactly what the cost will be
- Value for money – we offer a competitive fixed price guaranteed service with prices starting from just £120 plus VAT
- Time saving – the whole Will Writing Service can be completed by telephone and post
- Peace of mind – Wills are overseen from start to finish by a fully qualified and experienced Solicitor who specialise in Wills, probate and estate planning
- Your clients will be allocated their own Will Writer. The allocated Will Writer will be available to provide guidance and support throughout the Will Writing Process. They will be responsible for drafting the Wills and any ancillary documents. Each Will Writer has a direct line or can be reached through the Paradigm Legal helpline.
- Added confidence – Redstone Wills is a member of the Society of Will Writers, abides by their code of conduct and only employs qualified Solicitors
- Paradigm Legal Helpline – Paradigm members have access to a dedicated helpline number (0808 281 1545) for any advice/help required
- Plain English – we use plain English in all correspondence, making the whole process of drafting a Will easy to understand
- Redstone Wills has a £10m Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy in place for your peace of mind
Redstone operate under a strict no-cross-sell agreement to ensure that any financial services or products identified during the Will Writing Process will be passed back to you and will at all times respect your role as the client's financial adviser.
To register to do business, please click here. To contact us, please call the Paradigm Legal desk at Redstone on 0808 281 1545 or email email@example.com. Calls will be charged at your local rate.
*source - National Consumer Council (2007)